What is Traditional Tai Chi Chuan?
Tai Chi Chuan is a Traditional Chinese martial art that focuses on the harmonization of ones mind, body, and spirit. Hence promoting both mental and physical health.
Traditional Tai Chi is well known as a highly beneficial health and mindfulness practice. But what many people do not know is that it is also a form of self-defense which allows anyone of any size a chance to realistically defend themselves. Sharing similar principals to the Japanese art of Aiki-Jujutsu, Traditional Tai Chi Chuan develops techniques that redirect the energy of an attacker like light reflecting off a mirror.
With regular practice, the benefits of Tai Chi Chuan training may include:
- Better balance and coordination
- Improved concentration and increased awareness
- Increased strength and flexibility
- Strengthened muscles and reduced muscular stiffness
- Oxygenation of every cell and muscle in your body
- Self massage of the internal organs
- Regulation of the immune systems
- Better relaxation and calm
- Relief of back pain
- Improved posture both when still and moving
- Assists digestive system and abdominal organs
- Improved circulation
- Reduced high blood pressure, and improvements in arthritis, asthma, headache, diabetes and heart disease
The Kitsilano Dojo is located at 2668 W Broadway
Classes are Tuesdays and Thursdays 6:00-7:00pm
First week of training is always FREE!
Beginners are always welcome
For a deeper explanation of what Yang Style Tai Chi Chuan is read the Blog article titled "Tai Chi and the Way Of Fist" here.