YANG-STYLE TAI CHI CHUAN CLASSES
Tai Chi Chuan is an ancient Chinese martial art that focuses on the cultivation of internal energy. The aim of Tai Chi is to harmonize the mind, body and spirit hence, promoting both mental and physical health.
Tai Chi is used as a form of moving meditation. Deep abdominal breathing is combined with a series of movements that are structured continuously. When practiced correctly the movements of Tai Chi will appear rhythmical, effortless and in continuous flow.
Similar to the Japanese art of Aikido Tai Chi Chuan is an effective form of self-defense that allows anyone of any size a chance to defend themselves. People who train in Tai Chi classes find that they will become revitalized, relaxed, more tolerant, stronger and healthier in both body and mind.
With regular practice, the physical benefits of Tai Chi Chuan may include:
- Better balance and coordination
- Improved concentration and increased awareness
- Increased strength and flexibility
- Strengthened muscles and reduced muscular stiffness
- Oxygenation of every cell and muscle in your body
- Self massage of the internal organs
- Regulation of the immune systems
The health benefits of Tai Chi Chuan may include:
- Better relaxation and calm
- Relief of back pain
- Improved posture both when still and moving
- Assists digestive system and abdominal organs
- Improved circulation
- Reduced high blood pressure, and improvements in arthritis, asthma, headache, diabetes and heart disease
Beginners are always welcome.
2668 W Broadway Tuesdays and Thursdays 6:00-7:00pm (beginners welcome).
For a deeper explaination of what Yang Style Tai Chi Chuan is read the Blog article titled "Tai Chi and the Way Of Fist" here.
For a List of the forms and Kata practiced at the Vancouver Dojo Please Click Here
The first week of training is always free