YANG STYLE TAI CHI CHUAN
Tai Chi Chuan is an ancient Chinese martial art that focuses on the harmonization of ones mind, body, and spirit. Hence promoting both mental and physical health.
The practice of Tai Chi is a form of active meditation, deep abdominal breathing is combined with a series of movements that are structured continuously. The movements of Tai Chi as designed to be rhythmical, effortless, and in continuous in flow. This movements also contain profound knowledge of self defense. When woven together the internal alignment and external martial skills allow a person to attain their own highest potential.
Tai Chi Chuan as a form of self-defense allows anyone of any size a chance to realistically defend themselves. Sharing similar principals to the Japanese art of Aikido Tai Chi techniques redirect the energy of an attacker back at them like light reflecting off a mirror.
With regular practice, the benefits of Tai Chi Chuan training may include:
- Better balance and coordination
- Improved concentration and increased awareness
- Increased strength and flexibility
- Strengthened muscles and reduced muscular stiffness
- Oxygenation of every cell and muscle in your body
- Self massage of the internal organs
- Regulation of the immune systems
- Better relaxation and calm
- Relief of back pain
- Improved posture both when still and moving
- Assists digestive system and abdominal organs
- Improved circulation
- Reduced high blood pressure, and improvements in arthritis, asthma, headache, diabetes and heart disease