Karate training for the whole family!
Traditional Karate training is a fun way for children to develop confidence, health and fitness as well as mental focus. Traditional Karate teaches self-discipline and socialization skills. Many parents whose children train in the martial arts find that their children’s self-control, concentration and confidence are greatly improved through Karate training.
Parents are invited to train alongside their kids.
Kids under 8 years old must have a parents training alongside them.
Kids/Parents Karate is Tuesdays and Thursdays 5:00-6:00pm
and Saturdays 1:00-2:00pm
Beginners are always welcome
Traditional Karate classes include strengthening exercises, stretching, mental focus, memorization, situational awareness, and of course, safe and fun self defense applications.
For a deeper explanation of what the Vancouver Dojo believes traditional Karate training for kids is all about read the Blog article titled; "Teaching Kids Karate" here.
All traditional Okinawan Kata are taught with full bunkai applications.
For a list of Kata practiced at the Vancouver Dojo Please Click Here
Physical Benefits include:
- Improved reflexes and coordination
- Increased performance in all physical activities
- Increased strength and stamina
- Increased flexibility and weight control for better overall fitness
- Cardiovascular workouts (heart and lungs)
- Improved balance
- Ability to defend yourself
Mental Benefits include:
- Improved concentration for better work and study habits
- Stress reduction and the ability to relax
- Confidence in knowing how to deal with bullies and other confrontations
- A positive attitude toward life through self-confidence, self-discipline and a healthy lifestyle
- Self-esteem and improved outlook on life
- Respect for yourself and those around you
- Motivation and an ‘I Can Do It’ attitude